The Integrated Care Partnership is the formal joint committee of our integrated care system.
Meetings of the committee are in public with observers able to watch via a video link.
Meeting details and papers will be published online.
The purpose of the joint committee is to:
- produce an integrated care strategy, developed with system partners and stakeholders, which covers the needs of the whole population of Kent and Medway
- develop the strategy, develop a plan to address the broad health and social care needs of the population within Kent and Medway
- align to the strategy, develop and agree a suite of corresponding outcome measures - based on robust data, intelligence, research and innovation - to improve the health and well-being of the population at large
- seek on-going assurance in delivery of the strategy and associated outcome measures and, where required, agree actions to secure this assurance
- support the bringing together of health and care partnerships and coalitions with community partners which are well-situated to act on the wider determinants of health in the local area.
- influence improvement in the wider determinants of health and broader social and economic development, in areas such as housing, climate, transport, sport and leisure, etc.
Membership of the Joint Committee will be made up of elected, non-executive and clinical and professional members as follows:
- Leader of Kent County Council (KCC)
- Leader of Medway Council
- Chair of the NHS Kent and Medway Integrated Care Board (ICB)
- Two additional local authority elected executive members from KCC, who hold an appropriate portfolio Committee membership responsibility related to Joint Committee business
- Two additional local authority elected executive members from Medway Council, who hold an appropriate portfolio responsibility related to Joint Committee business
- One additional ICB Non-Executive Director
- An ICB Partner Member who can bring the perspective of primary care
- The Chairs of the four Kent and Medway Health and Care Partnerships
- An elected District Council representative from within the geographies of each of the four Kent and Medway Health and Care Partnerships
Medway Council Chief Executive
Kent County Council Head of Paid Service, or nominated representative
Kent and Medway ICB Chief Executive
Kent and Medway Directors of Public Health
Kent and Medway ICB Medical Director
A representative from each of Kent Healthwatch and Medway Heathwatch
A representative from the Kent and Medway Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise Steering Group
Kent and Medway local authority directors of adult and children’s social care