The NHS Long Term Plan sets out the priorities for expanding children and young people’s mental health services.
It aims to widen access to services closer to home, reduce unnecessary delays and deliver specialist mental healthcare, which is based on a clearer understanding of young people’s needs and provided in ways that work better for them.
To deliver these priorities, Kent and Medway has a local transformation plan in place. It sets out how services will be improved and is refreshed annually.
In July 2022, NHS Kent and Medway ICB assumed responsibility for the delivery of this plan. The creation of the Kent and Medway Integrated Care System also provides a greater opportunity to focus the plan on making sure children, young people, young adults and their families receive a consistent offer, regardless of where they live in Kent and Medway.
The 2022 local transformation plan is an addition (or addendum) to the 2021 plan. It focusses on providing assurance against eight questions we were asked to consider by NHS England. It includes cross-references to other strategic documents including our 2021 plan and provides new and updated information to make it current.
Alongside the 2022 plan, we have also produced this summary to highlight some of the services available to children, young people and young adults in Kent and Medway. We also produced this outline of progress since our 2021 local transformation plan refresh.
Plans for previous years can be found here: Children and young people's transformation plans: 2015 to 2021.
- Local Transformation Plan for Children, Young People and Young Adults’ Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health
- Appendix 1 2021 LTP refresh
- Appendix 2 Summary of progress since 2021 LTP refresh
- Appendix 3 Kent and Medway ICS’s Operational Planning Mental Health Narrative 2022/23
- Appendix 4 Selected ICP data
- Appendix 5 Maps data
- Appendix 6 2022 ‘At a glance’ summary
- Appendix 7 VCSE Competency Framework
- Appendix 8 Bitesize videos
- Appendix 9 Complex and Crisis: Definitions & Principles